This blog post will share on basic management of nano servers via PowerShell remote and some other basic configurations you can do on the nano server console itself.
[What do you need?]
- 1x Nano Server VM
- Hostname: NS1
- IP address: 192.168.3.2 /24
- 1x Windows 10 VM with management tools installed
- Hostname: CT1
- IP address: 192.168.3.200 /24
[Windows 10 VM with Management Tools Preparation]
- Install a Windows 10 VM and configure the IP addresses.
- Download Remote Server Administration Tools (RSAT) from here
- Install the RSAT into the Windows 10 VM
[Connecting to Nano using PowerShell Remote]
[Connecting to Nano using PowerShell Direct]
[Renaming Nano Servers]