Windows Assessment and Deployment Kit (Windows ADK) is an required tool that you will need to customise Windows images for large scale deployment or for Nano Server deployment.
We will need this tool to help us create Nanoserver images in the subsequent labs. I will show you step by step on how to prepare the environment to create Windows deployment images.
Windows 10 ADK includes several tools that will aid you in mass deployments. That includes Windows System Image Manager which will help you create and validate sysprep and unattended windows answer files.
[What do you need?]
- Windows 10 VM
- Windows 10 ADK
- Download the latest version of Windows 10 ADK via here.
- Select the following required features
- Deployment Tools
- Windows Preinstallation Environment (Windows PE)
- Select the following optional features if you want to explore on the WICD tool, a new image creation tool for Windows 10
- Imaging And Configuration Designer (ICD)
- Configuration Designer
- User State Migration Tool (USMT)
- Select Install and you should see the program appearing in Program and Features if its installed correctly
Please choose full hd mode 1080p for optimal viewing